Monday, June 9, 2014

Lite and Healthy BBQ Ranch Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Lite and Healthy BBQ Ranch Chicken Lettuce Wraps or Salad.  Make it in 10 minutes, and no need to turn on the oven.  Flavorful, delicious, kid friendly, and all around tasty.  Alohamora Open a Book.  http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/


It's beyond hot here in Arizona right now.  I mean sure it's only been as high as 111, and it'll get hotter as the summer goes on.  

However, it doesn't matter that this is my 5th summer here, I still find it to be way too hot.  I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it.  

I have learned a few things in the time I've been here.  Butter softens super fast when I set it out on the counter, and bread dough rises faster, and I can speed it up even more by sticking it on the front porch.  I've also learned that I try to use the oven as little as possible.  I end up grilling, using the stove, meals like this easy chicken in the crock-pot, and creating meals that are cold like this Strawberry Apple Chicken Salad

Since I'm already tired of the heat and didn't want the house hotter than necessary, and I had some rotisserie chicken and lettuce in the fridge I decided a cold dinner salad with lots of flavor and not your typical chicken salad flavors would be perfect for dinner.  

These BBQ Ranch Chicken Lettuce Wraps is what I ended up with, and to be honest I LOVE them.  My husband loves them as well, and they would make a perfectly healthy summer dinner meal for Father's Day or a quick meal during the week.  

This easy BBQ Ranch Chicken Lettuce Wraps can be thrown together in 10 minutes and hang out in the fridge until you are ready for dinner.  You can also choose to eat this BBQ ranch chicken salad as lettuce wraps like we did or eat it with bread, rolls, or crackers.

Enjoy this healthy summer meal! 

Lite and Healthy BBQ Ranch Chicken Lettuce Wraps or Salad.  Make it in 10 minutes, and no need to turn on the oven.  Flavorful, delicious, kid friendly, and all around tasty.  Alohamora Open a Book.  http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

BBQ Ranch Chicken Lettuce Wraps/Salad
Recipe: Alohamora
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: Flexible 
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

2 c. chicken, cooked and diced
3/4 c. red pepper diced, about 1 bell pepper
1/3 c. green onion, diced
1/4 c. carrots, shredded or finely diced
1/4 c. mayonnaise
2 tsp ranch packet seasoning mix
3 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce
1/8 tsp seasoning salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
8-10 lettuce leafs washed
cheese, shredded (optional)

Directions: 
  1. In a small to medium bowl mix the chicken, red pepper, green onion, and carrots together. 
  2. In a mug or ramekin, mix the mayo, ranch seasoning, and barbecue sauce together.
  3. Add the BBQ ranch sauce to the chicken mixture and stir. If you want a stronger barbecue or ranch flavor you can add a little more but sparingly.  
  4. Add the seasoning salt and garlic powder to the salad.  Feel free to add a little more to taste if you so desire.  
  5. Cover and chill the chicken salad in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
  6. Serve with lettuce, rolls, or crackers and top with cheese. 
  7. Enjoy!
Happy lite and healthy summer eating with a sweet and flavorful BBQ ranch chicken salad/lettuce wraps eating!  


MeganRuth



No comments:

Post a Comment