Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Easy Homemade Strawberry Jam without Pectin

Easy to make Homemade Strawberry Jam without using Pectin.  So delicious, store in fridge until ready to use.  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Whether you go strawberry picking or just enjoy buying your strawberries cheap at the farmer's market or grocery store this Easy Homemade Strawberry Jam that's Pectin Free should be made pronto.

My kiddos usually request a hot dog or peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.  We ran out of jam, and I put it on our list to buy.  However, when I got to the store I didn't like how expensive Strawberry Jam was, and Grape Jelly just doesn't do it for me.  I then saw the pound of strawberries I had in my cart for 99 cents and I decided I'd make some jam.  

I don't know why I haven't made Strawberry Jam in so long.  It tastes AMAZING, it's super cheap, and so very easy and simple to make.  Plus, with this recipe there is no need to buy fancy Pectin for this jam.  Because let's be honest, who readily has Pectin on hand? 

So, grab some strawberries on sale or pick them yourself b/c that is oh so fun and come home to easily make this strawberry jam.  You should have everything else at home, and you will love the final result.  This jam is AMAZING!  

I do have to give a shout out to my friend that dropped off this amazing bread this weekend.  It doesn't matter if it is cookies (which another friend brought Sunday and I ate the whole plate myself:), cake, brownies, or bread, everyone loves to be thought of and eat something yummy.

 My friends often ask how I stay thin while baking so much.  Besides working out I bring a lot of goodies to friends and neighbors.  They love the thought and the tastiness, and I love sharing the joy of something homemade and delicious!

Enjoy all of this jam yourself, share some with a friend, or give it away as a gift.  Everyone will be happy!    
Easy to make Homemade Strawberry Jam without using Pectin.  So delicious, store in fridge until ready to use.  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/


Easy Homemade Strawberry Jam that's Pectin Free
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted Barefootandbluejeans 
Active Time: 25 minutes
Inactive time: 2 hours 
Servings: 3 8oz jars 

Ingredients: 

1 lb fresh strawberries, washed and cut
(about 2 c. strawberries mashed)
2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 (8 oz) jars

Directions: 

  1. In a medium bowl use a potato masher or a food processor to mash your strawberries.  The more you mash the fewer strawberry chunks you will have; therefore, mash to your hearts content and to whatever "chunky" state you like your jam.  
  2. Add the mashed strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice to a medium pot.  
  3. Over medium to low heat stir mixture until sugar is dissolved.  It should take less than a minute. 
  4. Increase heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil.
  5. Leave it on the stove boiling while you stir it occasionally for 10 minutes.  However, if you have a candy thermometer you can also heat the mixture until it reaches 220 degrees or ten minutes max.  I wouldn't cook it any longer. . 
  6. Using a funnel, or your amazing skills, pour the jam evenly between 3 8 oz jars, or containers of your choice.  
  7. Secure the lids to the jars and place them in the refrigerator for 2 hours. 
  8. Place any of the jam jars you are not immediately using in the freezer, and pull them out when you are ready to use. 
  9. Finally, enjoy your jam with a spoon, on fresh homemade bread, or in a pb and jam sandwich. 
  10. This recipe easily doubles or triples depending on how much jam you want to make.   


Happy Pectin free, easy to make, homemade from scratch strawberry jam eating!

MeganRuth

   

No comments:

Post a Comment