These Healthy & Delicious Turkey Lettuce Wraps are fabulous and quick from stove to table! You may think they don't quite seem like "Valentine's Day" food, but when they are your husband's absolute favorite food they become the perfect Valentine's Day dinner.
My husband adores these and requests these every time I ask him what to put on the dinner menu. The other day we had a friend over for dinner and somehow these came up. I had said we had just had these Turkey Lettuce Wraps, but the hubs quickly piped in that it had been 37 days since we had them last.
Is it crazy for him to know the exact number of days it had been since we had them last? I think so, but apparently we just don't have these lettuce wraps enough.
Besides the healthy and tasty aspects of these wraps, I also am a fan of of the speediness this dish can be fixed in. It's quick and perfect for busy nights. Plus, it's kid friendly. My toddlers are big fans of the "tacos" as my daughter refers to them as.
Today, on the day of love, I share with you the husband's all time #1 meal. Who knows, maybe it can become your significant other's #1 as well.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Food Network
Active Time: 30 minutes
20 oz Jennie-O ground turkey pkg (though you can do almost any amount of turkey)
1 tsp olive oil oil
1/4 c. green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz can water chestnuts, chopped
3/4 c. shredded carrots
3/4 c. bean sprouts
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
12-15 Romaine or Green Lettuce leaves
- Place oil in a large pan and heat over medium to high heat.
- Brown the turkey until it is no longer pink.
- Add the green onions, garlic, water chestnuts, carrots, and bean sprouts and cook for approximately 5 minutes until carrots are softer.
- In small bowl, I actually do a mug, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar. When mixed well pour soy sauce over the turkey mixture and stir to combine while it cooks for about 1 minute.
- I usually clean about 12-15 pieces of lettuce depending on their size.
- Serve turkey mixture on lettuce and enjoy.