Friday, February 28, 2014

Fast & Easy Orange Strawberry Milkshake

Fast, Easy, and Delicious Orange Strawberry Milkshake. Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

For some reason milkshakes have always intimidated me.  Maybe I made a bad one in my awkward early teen years and I have never recovered.  Honestly though, I don't know why they intimidated me so much; this milkshake is ridiculously easy, fast, and absolutely delicious!  

My husband is the milkshake expert in our family.  At night he'll make some sort of ice cream treat and say he learned the tricks of the trade from his mother who worked at Dairy Queen way back in the day.  Apparently, if you have worked at DQ you have some sort of advantage over the rest of us in the ice cream treats department.  

In February, we usually harvest the oranges from our little dwarf tree.  All over Arizona people are harvesting their oranges at this time.  You can pick a ridiculous number of oranges for cheap.

In February, we have a lot of fresh squeezed/juiced orange juice.  It's pretty much heaven in a cup.  

A couple weeks ago my husband made a most delicious treat with some of our extra orange juice.  He made this refreshing Orange Strawberry Milkshake that I proudly present to you today.

Since that first night we've tested these shakes multiple times just to make sure it is an absolutely perfect combination... and it is.  

Being the quality mom that I am I even sacrificed my children's well being and gave them some of this milkshake for lunch one day just so I could snap this pic.  It's a good thing I have such good kids willing to make such hardships and sacrifices. :)    

This milkshake is so refreshing, which I credit the fresh orange juice and strawberries, that you swear it must healthy for you.  If ice cream is healthy in your book then you are in luck... this treat is good for you!

Oh, and if you are concerned about not having fresh squeezed orange juice just use some store bought.  It may not be heaven in a milkshake, but it will still be heavenly and you'll thoroughly enjoy it going down.    

For your own health and well being you should probably make this milkshake pronto.

Fast, Easy, and Delicious Orange Strawberry Milkshake. Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Orange Strawberry Milkshake
Recipe: Alohamora
Active Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 approximately 2 cups 

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 c. vanilla ice cream
3/4 c. orange juice
2 strawberries (washed and stems removed)

Instructions: 
  1. In a blender or large cup (if you want to use an immersion blender) add the ingredients in the order listed above.  
  2. Blend the ingredients on high until the contents are combined; it'll probably take less than a minute to blend it.
  3. My husband, aka the expert, stated that the key to the milkshake is to just keep adding orange juice (to thin) and ice cream (to thicken) until you reach your desired thickness.  
  4. He also states that Blue Bell ice cream is pretty much the best ice cream ever, and your milkshake will taste that much better with it.  :)
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment