Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Bad Kitty Christmas

I love Christmas, and I love reading Christmas books.  I probably own more Christmas books than I do Christmas decorations (not including individual ornaments).  I actually think it is fun to read Christmas picture books throughout the day and holiday season.  It brings out the pure, child like side of Christmas.

Yesterday, my husband and I were out shopping for Christmas gifts when we saw A Bad Kitty Christmas by Nick Bruel.  We were both pretty excited.

Bad Kitty is a fabulous picture book with a great story, a fun ABC aspect, and excellent rhyming.  It is one of those books that kids love, and adults love as well; there's something in there for everyone and a fun read aloud for all.  A Bad Kitty Christmas does not disappoint.  It has a fun story, excellent pictures, impressive rhyming, and of course an ABC aspect.  It is not just a Christmas book that the author quickly put together with characters readers love.  It is a Christmas book that has the characters readers love, but it is all around good.  It is really good, and it even has a great message of family, love, and unselfishness.  I think you'll enjoy it, and you will probably enjoy it more if you have read Bad Kitty.  I want to buy this book, and I don't say that about every picture book.  However, maybe Santa will get it for me.

Now, if you have a young child, third grade or younger, they will love having this book read to them.  If you have an older student that loved Bad Kitty, they'll enjoy this book as well.  This Christmas book is great for all ages!    

No comments:

Post a Comment