Thursday, August 23, 2018

Not If I Save You First gets 3.5 Stars {ya lit, action, romance, contemporary lit}

Not If I Save You First gets 3.5 out of 5 stars book review rating.  YA Lit, Action, Romance, Clean Read, Short and Sweet fast read for the reluctant reader.  Best for teenage girls looking for a fun book with girl power, Alaska wilderness Survival, the President's son, and a kidnapping plot. Alohamora Open a Book www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com alohamoraopenabook

Ally Carter has written A LOT of books, and I always enjoy the action, girl power, and slight romance found in them.  Not If I Save You First  is no different.  

This book is short, aka fast read, sweet, aka fun story with a touch of romance, and perfect for the teenage girl, even the reluctant reader, to pick up and read.  


Not If I Save Your First gets 3.5 out of 5 stars in my review.  I enjoyed the flash back letters, and Maddie's humor through out the story.  I love that Maddie, a teenage girl, saved the day over and over again with her wit, brains, and wilderness survival skills.  I enjoyed this lighthearted book with great pacing.  Though, the story and the characters lacked depth, and there were more than a couple unrealistic moments which caused me to knock off a star and a half from my rating.

Overall, Not If I Save You First is another fun read by Ally Carter. Which Ally Carter book is your favorite? 

Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter
Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Best For: 12-18 year old girls.
Clean Read: Yes.  There's action and kissing.
Worth a Check Out: Yes.
Buy It or Not: No.
Read Aloud: Possibly, depending on the class.
Lesson Ideas: Alaska, Wilderness Survival, Foreign Relations, Letters.

This short and sweet YA book had my favorite line in the author's acknowledgements when she discussed the research that went into this book. "To the end, I went where people should always go for reliable answers: to librarians!"



Happy YA Easy, Fun, Clean Love Story Reading!  As always, I love hearing your thoughts on the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment