Friday, May 27, 2016

20 Minute Chocolate Ice Cream {Healthy} {Vegan} {Paleo}

20 MInutes Healthy Vegan Paleo Friendly Chocolate Ice Cream.  This ice cream is delicious and the ingredients will surprise you.  Dairy free, rich, creamy, flavorful, and no added sugar.  Diet friendly. Easy and Quick to make in your blender. Blendtec,dates, avocado. Perfect healthy Memorial weekend treat. Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Oh man, it has been a week for me.  Last Thursday night I was in a high speed car accident on the freeway and then the other two cars involved in the accident drove away. Not cool!  There was a trip to the ER and a totaled car, but I am luckily and grateful to be walking.  

I also just got back from a family vacation.  We went to Coronado Island, and this is one of my very favorite beaches and towns ever.  If I could afford to live there I would; if I could afford to stay at Hotel Del I would.  There are a lot of "ifs" when it comes to Coronado, but there are some things that aren't even questioned.  

Coronado Island has the best family beach I've been to in California.  Another without a doubt Coronado is the Moo Time Creamery.  The Moo Time Creamery has the absolute best ice cream; I'm not even a huge coconut fan, but I fell in love with the coconut ice cream here the first time I came.  I have since had several different flavors, and I've loved all of them.  The peanut butter ice cream from this trip was amazing!.  If you go to Coronado Island you must stop for a treat at Moo Time Creamery, and if you are really living the dream you'll go there more than once.  They have two locations on the island. 


My kiddos had been requesting a beach trip for months now.  We planned a trip to Coronado and of course planned an ice cream stop as well.  My kiddos have now been introduced the best of Coronado Island; it'll be hard to live up to this family vacation from here on out.  

While on vacation we had really great burgers at Cali O' Burger and the most amazing Veggie Bowl I've ever had (b/c I crave veggies on vacation, and you know that if you follow me on Instagram @alohamoraopenabook) at Kitchen in the Desert Cafe in 29 Palms. 

If you are ever on your way to Joshua Tree National Park you must stop at this restaurant for the most amazing and flavorful food.  It may be in a sketchy location, the back of a Mobil gas station/liquor store, but the food is worth it all.  I also hear the smoothies are amazing as well. 

I crave vegetables when on vacation b/c I never get enough, and when I come home from vacation I always crave healthy food and clean eating.  However, it's a holiday weekend with friends and families gathering.

Memorial weekend is usually a time to remember the sacrifices others have made as well as spend time with loved ones.  When I lived in Denver I always ran the Bolder Boulder, one of my favorite 10k races, on Memorial Day.  Now in AZ I spend time with family and usually cook out on the grill.  Both make for a great day.  

Since we just got home from vacation I'll make sure we are grilling vegetables along with the meat, but I'll also make sure we have a treat.  I always need a treat.

This Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream can be made in 20 minutes and is Vegan and Paleo Friendly.  Basically, it is a diet friendly dessert that you will be absolutely amazed with how delicious it tastes.  This ice cream is rich and chocolaty goodness with no processed sugar or dairy.  This ice cream is one of my favorite treats; I've even been known to bring it to girl's night... and they all loved it as well. 

You should include this quick and easy dessert to your weekend... even if the ingredients sound a bit bizarre. 




Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream in 20 Minutes
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted Perry's Plate
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 0
Servings: About 3 1/2 cups

Ingredients: 
2/3 c. almond milk
1/3 c. cocoa powder
4 medjool dates, pitted
1/2 avocado
1/4 c. honey
1 tray ice cubes (approximately 3 1/2 cups)

Directions: 

  1. Place everything, but the ice, in a blender (I love my Blendtec) in the order listed and blend until smooth.  Add more honey according to your taste, but I felt 1/4 c. was plenty. 
  2. Add the tray, or 3 1/2 cups, of ice and blend until smooth and combined. 
  3. Serve right away or freeze in an airtight container and serve within an hour or 2 hours max.  B/c of the avocados I have not trusted to leave this ice cream overnight in my freezer, but I did have a friend who kept it overnight in an airtight container and she said it was delicious still. 
  4. Personally, I don't believe in storing it overnight, but I do believe in being gluttonous with this healthy ice cream dessert.  I promise you won't feel guilty, but instead you will feel happy.  

Happy 20 Minute Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment