Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Vegan Cookie Dough Bites {Elimination Diet Friendly}

Vegan Cookie Dough Bites.  Elimination Diet Friendly dessert recipe.  When you are on a clean eating strict diet this frozen dessert recipe will give you the sweetness you need.  My kiddos love it, and I love having a treat.  Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/ Egg Free, Wheat/Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Corn Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free..

Elimination Diets are no fun.  You have to eat a sugar free, wheat/gluten free, egg free, dairy free, peanut free, soy free, and corn free diet.  Basically, you're eating nothing fun. :)

I like my sweets; if you follow my blog you know that already.  I think a little sweet every day is good for the soul.

I was really struggling on my doctor prescribed elimination diet b/c I couldn't have a sweet, but then I realized I just needed to get a little creative.  

We normally have these chocolate chip cookie dough balls in our freezer in a bag marked, "To My Love."  My husband is a big fan of cookie dough, I love my husband, and I like the convenience of cookies when you want/need.  

Since I couldn't eat the already made freezer treats (or any treats for that matter), I decided some Elimination Diet Friendly Cookie Dough Bites that I could put in the freezer were necessary for my sanity.  These cookie dough bites are kid approved.  If you are on a clean eating diet you need these. 

However, to be 100% honest these bites are good, and if you are on a diet with restrictions you will love them.  However, if you aren't on a diet these Vegan Cookie Dough Bites are probably not for you; you should make the cookie dough balls linked above.  

Vegan Cookie Dough Bites {Elimination Diet Friendly}
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from VK Rees
Active Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: Freeze time or about 2 hours
Servings: 2 dozen bites 

Ingredients: 
1 can (15 oz) chick-peas/garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
1/4 c. honey or maple syrup
1/8 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp sunflower butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 c. chocolate chips (soy, nut, and dairy free)
Extra chocolate chips for toppings

Directions: 

  1. Use liners in a 24 count mini-muffin pan
  2. Rinse and drain your garbanzo beans well.  The better you drain the better your dough will be. 
  3. Add all the ingredients but the chocolate chips to a food processor and process it all until the dough is smooth and mixed well.
  4. Transfer the dough to a medium bowl. 
  5. Add the quarter cup of chocolate chips to the dough and stir to combine everything. 
  6. Using a small cookie scoop evenly distribute the cookie dough among the cupcake liners in the prepared mini-muffin pan. 
  7. Top the cookie dough bites with the extra chocolate chips. 
  8. Place the pan in the freezer to let the cookie dough bites freeze for at least an hour or until frozen. 
  9. Enjoy! 
  10. Store leftover bites in the freezer in a Ziploc, Tupperware, or any other freezer container. 

Happy Vegan and Elimination Diet Friendly Cookie Dough Bites eating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment