A few days ago I started an Elimination Diet per doctors orders. Let me just say, Elimination Diets are tough. Sure, I'm only a few days in and I hear it gets easier, but I'm struggling not being able to eat peanut butter and drink milk or enjoy any dairy for that matter. I sure hope this diet helps the doctor help me with my nausea (which has been a constant for the past 1 and 1/2 years), but I am seriously starting to wonder if it is worth it.
I made these banging Soft for Days Chocolate Chip Cookies B.E aka Before Elimination, and then proceeded to mail cookie packages to loved ones. We kept only a few cookies for my family.
I have always loved my Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It is seriously amazing and buttery delicious, and I still make them. However, these super soft cookies stay oh so soft for days and days. It is truly impressive, and when I know I'm not going to be able to eat or give the cookies away in a few days I make this classic cookie recipe.
Soft for Days Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen with a Medium Scoop and 2 dozen with a Large Scoop
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 bag (11.5 oz) chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, bitter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lay a baking mat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet. The mat or paper isn't necessary, but I like the way the cookies cook on them.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer add the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Mix the batter on low until the butter mixture is light and fluffy for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips in the order listed on top of the creamed mixture and mix it on low until the ingredients are just combined. Don't over mix the cookies; this will toughen them.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons place cookie dough balls on your prepared cookie sheets. I can fit 15 medium cookies and 11 large cookies on a regular cookie sheet.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes. The medium cookies take me 8 minutes and the large cookies take me 9 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let them cool on a trivet for 4-5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack. However, eating them straight from the cookie sheet works too. :)
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to a week; they'll still be soft.
Happy Soft for Days Chocolate Chip Cookies eating! Milk is a delicious addition.