As a kid I remember having a popular after school snack of graham crackers dunked in milk. It was a fantastic snack, but these Homemade Soft Graham Cracker Cookies are a million times better. I never knew how amazingly delicious homemade graham crackers could be.
Make these cookies for some s'mores fun, milk dunking, frosting topping, or just eating these simple, not your everyday, cookie. These Soft Graham Cracker Cookies will be tasty for all of these fun and yummy activities and more. The options are endless.
Soft Graham Cracker Cookies
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Active Time: 35 minutes
Inactive Time: 1-2 hours
Servings: 1-2 dozen, 3 inch cookies
1 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. brown sugar
3 Tbsp honey
1 1/4 c.flour
1 1/3 c.graham flour*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
*Some stores have graham flour, but I found it was a lot cheaper and easier to purchase on Amazon.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer mix the butter, brown sugar, and honey until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the order listed the flour, graham flour, baking soda, and salt on top of the butter mixture and mix it all on low until the dough is just combined.
- Transfer the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap, press it into large square, wrap it up tightly, and stick it into a Ziploc bag. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour, but you can leave it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- When ready to bake the cookies, preheat oven to 325 degrees and line two baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. Using a round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter cut out your cookies. Use a spatula dipped in flour to transfer the cookies.to the cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes. I like these graham cracker cookies softer, but if you prefer them to be crunchier and cracker like cook them until they are a dark golden brown for 15-20 minutes.
- If you want to go above and beyond you can combine 3 tablespoons of sugar with 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon and sprinkle the cookies with the mixture before they go in the oven for a cinnamon-sugar graham cracker cookie.
- Enjoy with s'mores, milk, frosting, or just plain; just enjoy them!
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container.
Happy Soft Graham Cracker Cookie eating!