For years I've struggled with frosting. Frosting is essential for cake, but the majority of cakes have heavy frosting that make you feel weighed down after eating. I never enjoyed eating an entire piece of cake and frosting b/c I would feel so heavy after.
However, this Whipped but Sturdy White Frosting is my new favorite frosting. It's light and fluffy, but it doesn't melt at room temperature like most whipped frosting that uses purely heavy whipping cream. This frosting is light, delicious, and adds but doesn't take away from the delicious flavors of the cake.
With all of the cakes I've been making for birthday celebrations this past month I've had a lot of frosting practice, tasting, and eating, and this Whipped but Sturdy Frosting is the best simple white frosting ever.
You can even easily dye this frosting to the color of your choice.
Make this recipe the next time you need a quick and easy white frosting. You will love it!
Whipped but Sturdy White Frosting
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from...I forgot :(
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 0
Servings: Enough frosting for 1 9-inch double layer, 1 6-inch double layer and 12 cupcakes, 36 cupcakes, 9x13 pan, or even a thing sheet cake.
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 c. heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl with a mixer or a stand mixer, mix the first 4 ingredients with a paddle until smooth and well combined.
- Switch to the whisk attachment (though I have made the frosting successfully with the paddle).
- Whisk the frosting on medium and slowly add the heavy whipping cream.
- Scrape the bowl as needed, and whip the frosting for approximately 5 minutes until it holds a stiff peak.
- Use frosting as you desire.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Happy Light and Fluffy Sturdy Whipped Frosting eating!