I love brownies. With this being the month and week of LOVE I thought it would be only fitting to share something I love.
I truly do love brownies, and I love experimenting with a simple brownie mix. I love doctoring up the brownie mix from a box to make something amazing and flavorful.
These Double Peanut Butter Saltine Cracker Brownies fit the bill of of amazing, flavorful, easy to make from a box, and all around makes me happy eating it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. It is oh so yummy!
According to my husband "they don't sound good with that name, but they sure are amazing."
These delicious brownies are sweet and salty with a slight crunch. These brownies are hearty and filling full of lots of protein from the creamy peanut butter. No need for huge squares, you'll be plenty satisfied with just one piece.
Grab a dollar brownie mix and whip these oh so fancy brownies up for someone you love (yourself or someone else) this weekend. If you have a nut allergy try using sunflower or cookie butter, you'd be just as happy with the result.
Double Peanut Butter Saltine Cracker Brownies
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive 40 minutes
1 brownie mix (and the ingredients needed to make them, most likely oil, eggs, and water)
18 saltine crackers
3/4 c. peanut butter, creamy
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and flour and grease a 9x9 pan.
- In a medium or large bowl make the brownie batter according to the directions on the box.
- In your prepared pan lay a thin layer, approximately 1/3, of the batter or just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Melt 1/4 cup of peanut butter in the microwave. Usually high for 20-30 seconds does the trick.
- Evenly drizzle the 1/4 cup of peanut butter on the thin layer of brownie batter.
- Place the saltine crackers in a single layer on top of the peanut butter and brownie layers.
- Melt 1/2 cup of peanut butter in the microwave and drizzle it on top of the saltine cracker layer. I liked to use a spoon to spread the peanut butter out on top of the saltines.
- Finally, pour the remaining batter on top of the top peanut butter layer.
- Bake the brownies at 325 for 33-37 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy the brownies warm straight from the oven with a glass of milk, or eat them cool. They are tasty either way.
- Store leftover brownies in a covered dish on the counter.