Tuesday, January 6, 2015

100 Calorie Skinny Feels Good Chocolate Cake Bites {Sugar Free, Flourless}

Skinny Feels Good Chocolate Cake.  100 Calories, sweet, moist, rich, and delicious for chocolate lovers.  This healthy dessert is sugar free (refined sugar free) and flourless so it is naturally gluten free.  Perfect treat if on a diet or just want to try and eat a little healthier.  Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/


I have a good friend who had a birthday last week.  She's fun and crazy, and I always have the best time talking with her whether it's about our crazy lives or just crazy things in general. We both like to be healthy and we like to run and workout together.  It's fun having a friend you can workout with, but besides all things good for you she enjoys sweets almost as much as I do.  

Last week for her birthday I asked if I could bake her a treat.  She loves many of my cookies and bars especially my Cookies and Cream cookies, but I'm pretty sure she likes everything I bake.  She has never told me she didn't like something so I thought this would be fun.   

When I asked her if I could baker her a treat she said, "YES!" but then proceeded to tell me she was doing a sugar-free challenge for a couple weeks with a friend (I never believe in those but I think people that can do them are impressive and strong) and the treat would need to be sugar free.  

I thought I could handle coming up with a sugar-free treat no problem.  She then told me she feels better when she eats gluten-free.  Now, I thought sugar free and gluten free aka flourless (b/c there's no need using fancy flours and ingredients no one has, I'm all about keeping it simple) would create a bit more of a challenge, but I was up for it.  

What I came up with, and what I even surprised myself with its tastiness is this Skinny Feels Good Chocolate Cake.  It is rich, moist, and sweet and surprisingly tastes good, plus it is refined sugar free and flourless so it's naturally gluten free.

If you believe that nothing tastes better than skinny feels, and you are wanting a healthy chocolate treat then bake this delicious cake up.  You can bake it in a pan for a cake to stick a candle in or you can make 100 calorie cake bites.  


Skinny Feels Good Chocolate Cake.  100 Calories, sweet, moist, rich, and delicious for chocolate lovers.  This healthy dessert is sugar free (refined sugar free) and flourless so it is naturally gluten free.  Perfect treat if on a diet or just want to try and eat a little healthier.  Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Skinny Feels Good Chocolate Cake {Sugar Free and Flourless aka Naturally Gluten Free}   
Recipe: Alohamora Open a Book
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 20 cake bites, 1- 8in or 6in cake

Ingredients: 
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 c. butter, unsalted
3 eggs, large
1/4 c. cocoa
3/4 c. applesauce, unsweetened
1/4 c. honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees if you are making a cake. Use a flour baking spray to grease a 6 inch or 8 inch springform cake pan.  You don't have to use springform pans, but I like the way it looks to just pop off the sides.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees if you are making cake bites and use a flour baking spray to grease your mini-muffin pan.  
  2. In an oven safe bowl, on the stove (double boiler or stirring often), or in the microwave melt your unsweetened baking chocolate and butter. If you are melting it in the oven I just place it in an oven safe bowl and pop it in the oven as the oven preheats.  Though melting it in the microwave is equally easy. I've melted it in a large 4 cup measuring cup and then used that bowl to add everything else.  It basically can be a one bowl cake which is awesome! 
  3. When the chocolate and butter are melted stir them together using a spatula or fork until it is smooth.   
  4. Add the remaining ingredients and using a whisk or a fork stir to combine everything together.
  5. When adding the honey be more liberal and add more if the batter tastes bitter.  Every chocolate is a bit different, and the extra honey will help the flavor.  You can add just a little bit more applesauce too, but not too much or it will affect the consistency. 
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan or mini-muffin pan. 
  7. Bake the 6 inch or 8 inch cake pans at 350 for 17-22 minutes.  For a 6 inch pan I was closer to 20 minutes and for the 8 inch I was closer to 17 minutes.  Bake the cake bites in the mini-muffin pan at 325 for 14-18 minutes.  Bake the chocolate cake until a toothpick no longer comes out wet and the center looks cooked.  A toothpick may come out somewhat dirty b/c of how moist the cake is, but it will look done rather than wet.
  8. Allow cake to cool for at least 5 minutes before enjoying. 
  9. Enjoy cake plain, with milk, as a quick sweet snack, with melted peanut butter drizzled on top (to add protein of course) or whatever else you so desire. 
  10. Store leftovers in the fridge or on the counter in an airtight container.  I for some reason think this moist cake tastes amazing cold.  
  11. Enjoy!

Happy 100 Calorie Skinny Feels Good Chocolate Cake and/or Bites eating!  Now this is a cake you can feel good about eating.   

No comments:

Post a Comment