This Butternut Squash, Bacon, and Spinach Thin Crust Pizza is A-MA-ZING! Seriously, so so delicious, and really quite fast and easy to make as well.
The bacon, spinach, red onion, and butternut squash perfectly compliment each other. Plus, you will feel healthy and completely satisfied with this pizza recipe. My kids and my husband are big fans of this pizza recipe. We have been making it all squash season long.
Butternut Squash, Bacon, and Spinach Pizza
Recipe: Alohamora Open a Book
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-6 people
1 pizza crust dough
3-4 c. diced and roasted butternut squash
1/2 c. red onion, diced and roasted
1/3 c. bacon bits
1/3 c. spinach, raw torn or chopped
2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll out your thin pizza crust onto parchment paper and place it on a pan or pizza stone. Follow the directions/recipe for making your crust at the link provided.
- Apply a thin layer of cheese, about half of the cheese, onto the rolled out pizza dough. Leave a little room on the edges for your crust.
- Top the cheese with the butternut squash and red onion. You don't have to roast the red onion with the squash, but I love the way it tastes when you do.
- Evenly distribute your bacon bits and spinach next.
- Top the pizza with the remaining cheese.
- Cook your pizza for 5 minutes at 500 degrees.
- Remove your pizza from the oven, remove the parchment paper (I like to use a spatula to help me), and rotate the pizza 180 degrees in the oven.
- Cook the pizza for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pizza looks delicious.
- Remove your pizza from the oven and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. I enjoy this leftover pizza cold or warm; it's delicious either way.