We all know pumpkin and chocolate is a fabulous combination. Many of you may know that peanut butter and chocolate is one of, if not, my favorite combinations ever.
I may be guilty of stealing a spoonful of peanut butter and topping it with chocolate chips on more than one occasion. :)
Speaking of combinations, I like to try them out. You never know what is going to taste delicious.
The other day I gave Pumpkin + Peanut Butter + Chocolate a whirl, and I was pleasantly surprised with how delicious it is.
The flavors compliment each other so well, and not one flavor overpowers the others. It really is quite delicious.
Obviously then, these Pumpkin Peanut Butter Blossoms aka cookies or bites or small desserts, whichever way you like to look at it, are DELICIOUS!
Bonus that they stay soft for at least a week if they can last that long in your home.
If you are looking for a pumpkin cookie, but you are wanting something new and original, then give these a go. They are yummy!
I believe they are my new favorite pumpkin cookie.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Blossoms
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from TableforTwoBlog
Active Time: 45 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Approximately 3 dozen bites/cookies/blossoms
1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. pumpkin puree
3/4 c. peanut butter, creamy
2 c. flour, all-purpose unbleached
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
36-40 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour, or spray with a baking spray, a mini-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, or stand mixer, cream your butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy.
- Add your egg and vanilla to the bowl one at a time mixing after each addition.
- Add you pumpkin puree and peanut butter to the bowl and mix until just combined. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl to be sure it is all mixed in.
- Add your dry ingredients, in order, to the bowl and mix on low until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, or spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons, to scoop the dough into into each mini-muffin hole/container.
- Bake your cookies/blossoms at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Twelve was my magic number.
- While the cookies are baking I take a few minutes to unwrap the Hershey Kisses.
- When the cookies are done, they may seem a little underdone but remember softer is better. :) Take them out of the oven and immediately place one Hershey Kiss in the middle of each cookie/blossom pressing down just slightly.
- Allow the cookies/blossoms to cool (and continue to cook) in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing and placing them on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your cookies hot, warm, or cool. I'm a big fan of milk with my cookies.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.
Happy Pumpkin Peanut Butter Blossoms cookies, bites, dessert eating!