Several years ago, seriously talking 8 years maybe which makes me feel old, when I lived in North Carolina I went with some friends in the Fall to Junaluska. One of my friends had a cabin up there in the mountains of NC, and we went to take advantage of the amazing Fall colors found in the mountains of North Carolina.
The leaves were changing and full of amazing oranges, yellows, and reds. It was absolutely stunning. I honestly love seeing nature in all of its amazing beauty especially in the Fall. It is either a forest of changing leaves or freshly fallen snow that are my favorite nature views.
One morning in Junaluska we went to breakfast at the Pancake Palace, and it was there that I feel in love with the pancakes. They were amazing. I mean absolutely delicious and one of those meals that you can still remember how every bite tasted years later.
Luckily, my friend's mom had the recipe, and she was awesome enough to pass it on to me.
Luckily for you, I am now sharing this copycat recipe so you can also enjoy in it's deliciousness without traveling to Junaluska. Though, Junaluska is a pretty amazing smaller town if you ever want to hit up the mountains of North Carolina.
These amazing Pancake Palace Pancakes are the BEST Pancakes. They are just as easy and fast to make as the powder ones from the box, but they are homemade from scratch delicious and memorable!
My husband, as he couldn't keep himself back from eating more and more of these pancakes, kept saying these are "Amazing!" In his words, "you just want to keep eating them b/c they are so light and fluffy and amazing... in a good way."
Enjoy these light and fluffy and oh so tasty pancakes that can made in less than 20 minutes. Top these pancakes with butter and sugar (a deliciously simple trick my husband taught me), maple syrup, Strawberry Jam, or Buttermilk Syrup. Enjoy these light and fluffy and delicious pancakes with fruit on the side or throw the fruit right in the pancakes.
Basically, you really do need to whip these bad boys up fast and easy for a delicious breakfast and a great way to start your day. Though, these pancakes taste just as scrumptious for lunch or dinner; in our house we are of the mindset that breakfast foods taste great anytime of day.
Pancake Palace Pancakes aka The BEST Pancakes
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Mama Jill
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
Servings: Makes 6-8, 6 inch pancakes
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. milk
- Preheat a griddle to 325 degrees. You can also use a skillet on the stove over medium to low heat.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar together with a whisk or a fork.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, I used this Pyrex measuring cup, melt your butter. Add the egg and beat the butter and egg together.
- Add the buttermilk and milk to the butter and egg mixture and stir to combine it all.
- Finally, add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix it together until it is well combined. I used a fork to mix it all together. Don't worry if the batter is a little lumpy.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto your heated skillet or electric griddle.
- You can always add blueberries, bananas, bacon bits, or whatever your heart desires to the pancakes right after you pour the batter on the griddle
- Enjoy your pancakes hot!
- Top your pancakes with Buttermilk syrup, maple syrup, Strawberry Jam, butter and sugar, or whatever you want.
- Store leftovers, though I doubt there will be, in the refrigerator.
- This recipe doubles or triples well if you are making pancakes for a larger crowd.