I went to Brigham Young University for my Bachelors. BYU is known for their chocolate milk and Mint Frosted Brownies.
I had a recipe for their Mint Frosted brownies from the BYU website, and they are good.
However, these Mint Frosted Brownies are the EASIEST EVER to make. Seriously, I'm not joking. So so easy, and I personally think they taste even better.
You use a boxed brownie mix and a bag of Andes Baking Chips (which I have found for the best price at Walmart and Target).
Yesterday, I was in desperate need of some chocolate goodness. I opted not to go for my traditional quick Peanut Butter Brownies route, but went for my other favorite combination ever... Mint and Chocolate.
These Mint Frosted Brownies are delicious with the moist Milk Chocolate Brownies layer and frosted with wonderful Andes Mints. Absolutely heavenly!
And did I mention that they are ridiculously simple to make, but yet it looks pretty darn fancy for a party or to give to neighbors.
Give these a whirl this weekend. You will LOVE them!
Easiest Mint Frosted BrowniesRecipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Andes
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 hours
Servings: 8-10 at least
1 box Brownie Mix (and ingredients for brownies which are usually oil, eggs, and water)
1 c. (1/2 of a 10oz pkg) Andes Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 and spray/grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. The smaller pan allows for the ideal thicker brownies.
- In a medium bowl combine the brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs to make the brownies as directed on the box. For these brownies I would avoid fudge brownie mixes and go for the more cake like. Therefore, Milk Chocolate or a Dark Chocolate mix would be best.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, but not overcooked b/c that will dry them out. I baked my Milk Chocolate Betty Crocker brownie mix for 30 minutes.
- As soon as you take your brownies out of the oven evenly distribute the 1 cup or half of a pkg of Andes Baking Chips. If you really like your mint frosting goodness go ahead and pour the entire package of chips on top of the hot brownies.
- Wait 2-3 minutes for the chips to melt and then use a spatula to swirl together the chocolate mint goodness to cover the brownies.
- Allow frosted brownies to cool on the counter until the chocolate frosting is mostly set (about 1.5 hours).
- Store leftovers in a covered airtight container.
Happy Easiest Ever Mint Frosted Brownies eating!
I had one for dessert, breakfast, and then again for a mid-afternoon snack. I'm sure I'll have another one for dessert as well. Initially I had planned on giving some of these brownies away, but I think I may just eat them all :)