Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Death by Chocolate Cookies *Secret Recipe*

Death by Chocolate Cookie from a Secret Recipe.  Three kinds of chocolate, soft, chewy, and absolutely delicious!  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Yesterday, I gave you an absolutely perfect recipe, Pink Lemonade Cookies, for the little pink loving girl in your life, or for the sweet and sour tangy lover.  This Pink Lemonade Cookies recipe is also a favorite for my non-chocolate loving husband.

However, I'm a HUGE chocolate fan.  I'm also pregnant right now, and I've been having some major chocolate cravings.  Pink Lemonade Cookies just weren't going to work for me at this moment.  

An old roommate, Amanda, posted some of this Death by Chocolate cookie dough on Instagram, and I immediately asked for the recipe.  Being the awesome person Amanda is she sent it to me the next day.  

Amanda did state this was a "Secret Recipe" but she graciously gave me permission to share it on my blog.  She is awesome that way.  On a different note, but still about Amanda, she has the best eyes and eyelashes ever.  I swear I have coveted those eyelashes since the day I met her.  It doesn't hurt that Amanda is one of the nicest people ever, and I'm not sure she has an enemy or even someone that dislikes her.   Great eyelashes and kindness...some people are just amazing that way.    

When you are craving some chocolate whip up these Death by Chocolate Cookies and enjoy them with milk.  These cookies are full of chocolate; they have triple chocolate goodness that add to it's chocolate prowess.

These delicious chocolate cookies are soft and chewy and are doing a fabulous job of fulfilling my chocolate craving as of late.  Though, I have had to make far too many batches, and I have ate far too many of these chocolate cookies than I probably should.  

If you love chocolate even half as much as I do you should make these cookies.  My friend, ReNae declared these cookies the best cookies she has ever had, and she tastes ALL of my cookies and is quite the cookie lover as well.


Death by Chocolate Cookie from a Secret Recipe.  Three kinds of chocolate, soft, chewy, and absolutely delicious!  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Death by Chocolate Cookies  *Secret Recipe*
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Amanda
Active Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 dozen with a medium scoop, 2 1/2 dozen with a large scoop

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla
2 eggs, large
1/2 c. and 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 pkg (10 oz) dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 c. milk chocolate chips

Directions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 
  2. Line your cookie sheets with baking pads or parchment paper if you have them.  You'll be fine without, but the texture of the cookies is best with them. 
  3. In a large bowl or stand mixer cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together for about 3-5 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
  4. Add the vanilla and eggs to the mixture one at a time mixing in between each addition.
  5. Add the cocoa and mix until it is light and fluffy, but don't over mix it.  
  6. On top of the dough add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in order and mix on low until it is just combined.  You may have to scrape the sides of your bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is combined well. 
  7. Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix on low until just combined. 
  8. Depending on the size of the cookie you want use a medium or large scoop and bake them at 325 for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are no longer shiny. 
  9. Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. 
  10. Enjoy with milk! Though, Amanda, the recipe originator, states that it is best to enjoy with whole milk. :)
  11. Store cookies in an airtight container like this one.  They've never lasted longer than 2 days in my house, but I may have a chocolate problem.  

Happy Death by Chocolate amazing cookie goodness eating!  I'm going to go eat another one. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment