A good flavorful chicken salad is pretty much the best thing ever when the weather starts to get warmer aka ridiculously hot like it does in Arizona.
You don't have to use your oven to make it (especially if you use a rotisserie chicken), the food tastes refreshing and nourishing, and it's a good lite healthy meal that you can feel good eating.
I absolutely love the crunch from the apples and the almonds, the sweetness from the apples, and the flavor of the red onion and bell pepper in this tasty little salad.
This Strawberry Chicken Salad is way better than the typical normal chicken salad.
Make this for an easy meal or take it to a shindig. You'll be happy you did!
Strawberry Chicken Salad
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
1 green apple, diced
1 tsp lemon juice
2 c. cooked chicken, chopped
1/3 c. red onion, diced
1 c. strawberries, diced
1/2 c. red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, diced
1/3 - 1/2 c. mayo with olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 c. - 1 c. almond slices
- Dice your green apple and stir the lemon juice on top of the apple pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine the apple, chicken, onion, strawberries, and bell pepper.
- Add 1/3 c. of mayo to the salad mixture. If you like your chicken salad a little creamier add a bit more to your tasting/liking.
- Season your chicken salad with salt and pepper to your tasting.
- Top the salad with almond slices, and stir it all together.
- Enjoy your salad right away with rolls or crackers, or place it in the fridge for the flavors to meld a bit. It's delicious either way.