It's becoming that time of year. The time of year when strawberries are cheap. The time of year when a cold fruit pie is absolutely delicious and perfect for the warm weather outside.
This Sweet & Simple Strawberry Pie is perfect for that time of year or anytime of year you want to be reminded of such fabulous memories.
This pie always reminds me of the many fun summer memories of movies on the lawn, hikes with the family, and lightning bugs when I lived back east. I love summer time, and I love fresh strawberry pie.
This strawberry pie is easy to make with only 6 ingredients, incredibly fast to make, tastes delicious, and looks fancy.
I made this pie for a little dinner party and my family and the guests thought I had pulled out all the stops. Little did they know how easy it is.
I used this easy pie crust, and I'm telling you if you haven't tried this easy crust b/c homemade pie crusts still intimidate you, you really need to make this one. It's ridiculously easy with no cutting in of butter or shortening, and I bet you could make it with coconut oil if you liked the health benefits of that.
Anyway, this easy, sweet, and simple strawberry pie is a winner for any spring and summer event you got going on. It would make a perfect dessert for Easter dinner as well.
My toddlers love this pie, my husband loves it, and all of the dinner guests couldn't get enough of it. It is good.
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from AllRecipes.com
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 2.5 hours
Servings: 8-10 people
3 c. strawberries, diced (about 1 1/2 lbs)
1 c. sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 c. boiling water
1 pkg (3 oz) strawberry Jello mix
- Make and bake your pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan. If you use my easy pie crust recipe I baked the shell at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, but it can stay in longer if you like a more well done crust. Don't forget to do a few fork pricks in your crust before baking.
- In a medium pan stir the sugar and cornstarch together completely.
- Add the boiling water, stir it all together, and cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens. It took about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the strawberry Jello mix, and stir it all together until smooth.
- Allow the pan's contents to cool to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Place your diced strawberries in your baked pie crust shell. If you have a deep pie pan or just feel like more strawberries you can add up to 2 lbs (2 quart containers) of diced strawberries.
- Pour the cooled strawberry gel mixture over your strawberries.
- Place the pie in the fridge until set. Make it ahead and set it overnight or at let it set for about 1- 1.5 hours.
- Top your pie with fresh whipped cream and enjoy!