Happy St. Patrick's Day! If you need a green dinner idea, this Green Split Pea Soup is uber healthy, easy b/c it's a throw in the crock pot/slow cooker meal, and all ages find it to be tasty and enjoyable.
For dessert tonight this Light Mint Brownie Trifle could be fun with some green dye in the whipping cream, or you could quickly whip up a batch of these Andes Mint Cookies in less than 45 minutes.
These cookies are delicious and incredibly minty. I love Andes Mints, and these Andes Mint Baking Chips are so amazing and make these absolutely perfect for the mint cookie lover in your life.
If you look closely in the picture above you can bits of green from the Andes mints in the cookie. Therefore, this mint cookie is perfect for St. Patrick's Day... or any day.
I wanted to include a picture of the Andes Baking Chips bag. For all of you frugal shoppers I have found the best deal on these Andes Mints at Walmart and Super Target. I believe Walmart is 10 cents cheaper.
Now some may ask if you can use different mint chips like Tollhouse or Hershey's for example. You could of course, but the cookie will most definitely taste different. Andes mints have a lot more mint power and they are smaller than other chips.
Now for the recipe that is easy, fast to make, and oh so delicious!
Andes Mint Cookies
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from the recipe on the bag
Active Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2-3 dozen with a Medium scoop (1.5 Tbsp)
1/2 c. butter, softened*
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 (10oz) pkg Andes Mint Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats. Though, if you don't have them your cookies will turn out okay.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time and mix well. The mixture will seem runny, but keep going.
- Add in order flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Finally, mix on low or using a spoon stir in the mint baking chips.
- Using a medium scoop (or approximately 1 1/2 Tbsp cookie dough balls) place your cookie dough balls on your baking sheet and bake at 325 for 7-10 minutes until just a light golden brown color.
*When I say butter I mean unsalted
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Happy green everything day! Holler if you have questions!