Monday, February 4, 2013

Jantsen's Gift

I'm excited to share this book with you, but to be honest before Maria told me about the book I hadn't heard of it.  However, the excitement and passion that Maria expressed for the book hooked me, and I think it should hook you as well.  Plus, it's real stuff; you know, stuff of real life that you can relate to and be inspired to be better or at least do a bit more.  

Jantsen's Gift by Pam Cope is a memoir, it's a true story, it's non-fiction, it's the real deal.  You will probably laugh and cry, relate to and be surprised that it's happening in the world.  Jantsen's Gift is a book that'll make you want to do something, and what is better than a book that inspires you to influence and uplift others.    

Maria was/is so passionate about this book, and she was incredibly kind and willing to write a review of it for us all.  So, we have our very first guest post, and I couldn't be more excited that it's Maria writing it, and it is about such a good book.  

Hi! My name is Maria and I am writing a guest post for my awesome friend (and SIL), Megan.  I just finished Jantsen's Gift by Pam Cope.  I loved this book.  It was deeply moving and I could not put it down.   It has motivated me to reach out and find ways I can help children in need.

Jantsen's Gift is an autobiography about a woman who is overwhelmed by grief from loosing her son and oldest child unexpectedly. Jantsen was very loved in their community and large sums of donations were given to their family at his funeral.  As Pam is figuring out how to overcome this grief and how she could use this money to best honor his memory a good friend who works with orphans in Vietnam, suggests that Pam join her on her next trip.  Pam consents and it was a trip that changed her life.  She and her family have since devoted much of their lives helping orphaned and trafficked children from all over the world find refuge from their circumstances and hope for a better future. 


Pam is the founder and director for Touch A Life foundation. You can check out all the great work she's been doing at www.touchalifekids.org.

Jantsen's Gift is worth your read, and if you are in a book club this would make an excellent discussion book.  GIve this one a go next month.  

Thanks Maria for writing a great review, and thanks for being my very first guest post.  Though, hopefully you won't be my last.  Who is next?  Anyone?  Buehler?  

Jantsen's Gift: A True Story of Grief, Rescue, and Grace by Cope, Pam/ (Google Affiliate Ad).

No comments:

Post a Comment