Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Great Chick Lit

I just finished reading Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs. It's the third book in the Friday Night Knitting Club books. They aren't really a series. You could read them out of order, though you would be a tad confused and you wouldn't be as nearly invested in the characters lives. I would suggest first reading Friday Night Knitting Club, Knit Two, and then Knit the Season. You'll enjoy them all b/c they are all around fun, emotional, chick lit books. You'll laugh and cry and enjoy the light read.
This series isn't in the YA genre, however anyone who enjoyed the Ya Ya Sisterhood, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and other similar chic books will enjoy this one as well. They are all clean books except for a small section in Knit Two. So, feel free to find a copy to read when you need something with a sisterhood/best friend kind of feel to it.
Sometimes when one reads the a third book in a set of books that wasn't exactly planned to have a series to it, it just isn't as good. However, I think I liked Knit the Season better than Knit Two. Jacobs did a great job of making this story separate and unique, though it still connects with the previous books. You see the characters grow and develop a bit more. I enjoyed seeing Dakota mature into an adult and the struggles she has with the transition of being herself but remembering her mother. I don't want to give away too much. Just read them. They are great!
I did find online that they are in the works of making a movie. Supposedly Julia Roberts will be in it. I can definitely see her playing the role well. It is a great movie for her type of character. Well see, if it comes about. I would definitely watch it b/c I love Julia Roberts and I have thoroughly enjoyed these books.
Let me know what you think, or if you can think of any other "sisterhood" type books.

No comments:

Post a Comment