I've recently been trying to have low-carb dinners since I started to use The Transform App for nutrition and workouts lately. It's been a handy program that lays out carb cycling, and I think the workouts are great as well. Now, I do pay for the app; I'm not sponsored by them. Just sharing what I'm using.
I tell you about the app, b/c I've been needing more low-carb dinners in my repertoire, and that's where the Egg Roll in a Bowl comes into play.
We all, husband kids and myself, are big fans of this recipe. Enjoy!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from PeaceLoveandLowCarb
Active Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 minutes
1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. onion, diced
1 lb ground pork
1/2 tsp ground ginger
dash of salt/pepper
1/2 Tbsp Sriracha
1 (16oz) bag coleslaw
1 c. shredded carrots
3 Tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos*
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
Toppings: green onions, sesame seed, Sriracha
*make sure gluten free, if needed
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion to the pan and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the pork, ginger, salt, pepper, and Sriracha to the pan. Saute everything until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw, carrots, soy sauce, and rice vinegar to the pan and saute it until the coleslaw is tender.
- Before serving add any toppings you desire.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Happy Healthy Low Carb Eating!
Do you have any Low-Carb healthy dinner recipes you love? Please share. I'm always looking for more options.