I thoroughly enjoy my Instant Pot. I'm not one of those that use my IP every day, but I use it a couple times a week. I still think it was a great purchase; especially b/c of how it cooks eggs perfectly.
I absolutely adore Hot Chocolate. It is one of my favorite drinks, and it always brings fond memories or hot cocoa at my Grandpa's Ranch. We always had Swiss Miss up there, and it wasn't until a couple of years ago I realized I could, and probably should, make my own. Well, Hot Chocolate in the Instant Pot makes the job incredibly fast, easy, and oh so delicious.
This recipe can easily be adjusted for a dairy free diet. It can also work for vegans and paleo diets as well. I've enjoyed this drink paleo style, but I actually prefer the milk version.
However, no matter which version you make this 5 Minute Homemade Hot Chocolate it is fast and delicious. Enjoy!
5 Minute Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Paleo Cooking
Active Time: 2 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 3 cups
3 c. milk (dairy, almond, coconut, etc.)
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp sugar (granulated or coconut palm)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
Optional Toppings: cinnamon, nutmeg, whipped cream (heavy or coconut whipped cream), marshmallows
- Combine the 4 ingredients in an Instant Pot stainless steel bowl.
- Stir to combine everything and secure the Instant Pot's lid, and secure the valve into the "sealed" position.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual and change the time to 5 minutes.
- When the time is down, quick release the valve and open it when able.
- Either stir to combine everything, or place an immersion blender in the pot to blend the ingredients together.
- Serve the hot chocolate drink warm, or keep the warming button on.
- Top the mugs with any desired toppings.
- Store leftovers in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Happy Delicious and Quick Homemade Hot Cocoa Eating!