Gorilla Poo. This may show my immaturity, but in college (and still with my kids) we'd call No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies = Gorilla Poo.
We thought it was hilarious and awesome. I think we'd purposely make these cookies just so we could offer Gorilla Poo to friends and cute boys.
Now that I am a mom of 3, I only use the term Gorilla Poo with my kids. My oldest two think it is funny but gross at the same time. However, I hear them using the term, so I must be doing something right with this whole parenting thing.
In regards to this No Bake recipe, it is gluten free (if you use gf oats) and it is perfectly sweetened. My college days Gorilla Poo recipe was a bit too sweet, but a few changes and this recipe is perfect. I may be even daring enough to say it is the Best No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie recipe.
I take my cookies seriously, so when I say this classic No Bake Cookie recipe is the best one out there, it is. Enjoy!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Food.com
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Servings: about 2 dozen with medium scoop
1/2 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c. peanut butter, creamy
2 tsp vanilla
3 c. quick oats*
*For Gluten Free be sure these are GF*
- In a medium to large sauce pot over medium heat add the first six ingredients (butter, sugars, milk, cocoa, and salt). Stir the mix occasionally until it boils.
- Let the mixture boil for 1 minute and then remove the pan from heat.
- Add the peanut butter and the vanilla to the pot and stir until it is melted and well combined.
- Add the quick oats to the pot and stir to combine everything. Old Fashioned, aka not quick oats, will work, but I like the taste and texture of these cookies best with the quick oats.
- Lay about a 2 foot section of wax paper on the counter, or you can use parchment paper or a baking mat on the counter or on a cookie sheet.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or a large tablespoons to scoop the cookies onto the prepared wax paper.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the counter before eating.
- Store cookies in an airtight counter or in the refrigerator.
Happy Easily Gluten Free Classic No Bake Cookie eating!