Friday, April 7, 2017

Amazingly Soft Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Amazingly Soft Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.  GF cookies you may not be able to tell the difference. GF cookies some think are better than regular cookies. GF cookies that are Amazingly Delicious and Amazingly Gluten Free. Dessert. Yummy, Easy to Make, Secret to delicious Gluten Free Cookies. http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/

Today, I'm giving you the secret to amazing gluten free cookies.

If you have tried baking gluten free then you probably know about the funky gritty texture gluten free cookies can have.  However, there is a simple and easy solution to the oh so frustrating gluten free texture problem.  

When I perfected this Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe my husband told me he liked them better than my regular flour chocolate chip cookies.  I'm not sure what to think of his compliment, but I do know he likes them.  I also know my dad loves these cookies, and my mom was crushed when the batch I made them was out.  

These Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing.  They are Amazingly Soft and Amazingly Gluten Free.  These cookies are banging, and have helped me be strictly gluten free for 3 months now (per doctor orders thanks to my Hashimotos). 

You need this recipe, and you need the Trick to Amazing Gluten Free Cookies.  The key to the texture dilemma is resting the dough for 30 minutes before baking.   


Amazingly Soft Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe: Alohamora
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen medium scoop  or 2 dozen large scoop

Ingredients: 
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 box (3.5 oz) vanilla pudding, dry
2 eggs, large
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c. gluten free flour w/ xanthum gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 (11 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
1 XL milk Hershey bar, chopped

Directions: 

  1. In a large bowl or a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy. 
  2. Add the pudding mix and mix until just combined.  Make sure the pudding is gluten free; I haven't seen gluten in any pudding mixes I've checked, but they sneak it in so many things these days. 
  3. Add the eggs and vanilla one at a time and mix until just combined. 
  4. Now, it's time to add the dry ingredients.  I find a good 1-1 Gluten Free all purpose flour with xanthum gum is ideal and works well for almost all of my.  I have used with success Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 and Cup4Cup.  When adding the flour to the measuring cup make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and then use a knife to even it off. Add the flour and baking soda in the order listed and mix until just combined.
  5. Finally, add the chocolate chips and the chopped up chocolate bar.  Trust me, you need both.  The flavor and the texture of the two are a perfect addition.
  6. Set your timer for 30 minutes and let your dough rest. To avoid the funky texture you can get with gf cookies let your dough rest.   
  7. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat.  The parchment paper/baking mat are not necessary but they help with the cooking texture.  
  8. Use a medium cookie scoop or a spoon to get approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough and place the balls on your prepared pans.  
  9. Bake the cookies at 325 degrees for 9-12 minutes for either the medium or the large cookies until they are a light golden color.
  10. Enjoy! 
  11. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter. 

Happy Amazingly Soft Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment