When I shared the oh so delicious Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe with you I shared how far ice cream makers have come. I even included our ice cream maker on My Favorite Kitchen Toys, I mean Tools, of 2016.
We have been exploring with many ice cream flavors, and today I am sharing another amazing one. Cinnamon Ice Cream, I honestly never knew how delicious cinnamon ice cream could be until we made this one. Before, if I had been at an ice cream parlor I would've never selected it, but now this ice cream is one of my favorites. It's amazing.
As a bonus, this ice cream is a little healthier than store bought ice cream b/c of the extra milk we added instead of heavy cream. Tho, we probably ruined our healthier aspect by adding some crunch in the ice cream through the Cinnamon Bun Oreos (Golden tastes delicious as well). I guess you can't win them all. ;)
If you are wanting this to be gluten free be sure to leave out the cookies, or add GF cookies.
Cinnamon Ice Cream
Active Time: 5-10 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 1/2 hours + 8 hrs for firmness
Servings: About 5 cups
2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. milk (we use skim, but whatever you have)
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
10-15 crushed Golden Oreo or Cinnamon Bun Oreo cookies
- In a small bowl mix all of the ingredients, except the mix-ins, together.
- Cover and place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours the longer you leave it in the fridge the creamier the ice cream.
- Turn the ice cream maker on, and pour the cream mixture into the ice cream maker. Let the ice cream maker do all of the work for 20-30 minutes.
- When the ice cream is just about done you can add any mix-ins you desire and let the machine stir it all. You can also remove the ice cream to an airtight ice cream storage bowl and add the mix-ins then. Stir your desired mix-ins with a spoon.
- Your ice cream will be soft serve at this point. We enjoy a scoop now, and then place the rest in a airtight container in the freezer. The hard ice cream will set in about 8 hours.
- Store leftovers in the freezer in that airtight container.