Monday, November 7, 2016

Gma's Banana Muffins

Grandma's Banana Muffins this recips is easy and quick to make, the absolutely tastiest way to use up those ripe bananas, and some say they could pass for banana cupcakes.  Recipe, easy, use overripe, frozen bananas, yummy, simple recipe, Gma Alohamora Open a Book www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com

My youngest child was my banana kid.  She loved bananas from when she was about 6 months to 18 months old.  However, these last 6 months of her life she just has not been downing them like she used to.  With her lack of banana consumption I have had a lot of bananas going nice and brown/black on the counter.

I've been using those ripe/overripe bananas for these Gma Banana Bread Muffins, and my kiddos have been happily eating them.  It's a win-win.  We use the otherwise no good bananas, and I have an extra treat to enjoy. 

Throughout the years, I've made a lot of banana bread recipes. My grandma has a really good recipe that I swore was the best, but this recipe comes from my Mother In-Law and it is my new favorite. Every time I make these muffins the kids call them "Grandma Muffins!"  They LOVE these banana muffins, and I do too!

Gma says these Banana Muffins are more like cupcakes, and I have to say the cake flour gives it a great smooth texture and the sugar gives it the sweetness of cupcakes.  Whether they are cupcakes or muffins, they are delicious! 

My MIL got the recipe from a friend who apparently got them from a restaurant called Queen's Surf in Hawaii.  I have made a few adaptations, and I think it makes them that much better, and a touch healthier aka I got rid of the trans-fats.  .

Enjoy using the black and brown bananas for something truly delicious, and enjoy having the very best banana bread muffins recipe ever. .  

Gma's Banana Muffins
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Elaine/Queen's Surf
Active Time: 15 minutes 
Inactive Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 15-18 muffins

*A note about your bananas.  Use those ripe/overripe bananas that are black and brown.  You can even peel the bananas and freeze them in bags with 3 bananas each.  If you are using bananas frozen in your freezer make sure you thaw them before.  There will be thawed juice and soggy bananas in your bag, but that is okay, just mash them in the bag and dump the bananas right in your bowl. 

Ingredients: 
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, large
1 c. flour
1/4 c. cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Directions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Either grease/flour 18 muffin cups or place cupcake liners/papers in your muffin/cupcake tin. 
  2. In a medium bowl or a stand mixer cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. 
  3. Add the ripe bananas one at a time mixing between each addition. 
  4. Add the eggs one at time mixing between additions. 
  5. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed.  Mix the batter together until everything is just combined.  Don't over mix the batter. 
  6. Use a large cookie scoop, or pour approximately 3 tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup.  You don't want the muffins more than 3/4 full.   
  7. Bake the muffins at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  17 minutes was my magic number. 
  8. Remove pans from the oven and allow them to cool.
  9. Enjoy banana muffins warm or cold. 
  10. Store your completely cooled muffins in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator.  You can freeze banana muffins in small freezer bags and take them out of the freezer as you desire. 

Happy Delicious Gma Banana Muffin eating

No comments:

Post a Comment