Wednesday, October 19, 2016

September OwlCrate Subscription Box- YA Fantasy


I have a 5, 4, and almost 2 year old (day before Halloween), but yet my Young Adult Literature Subscription Box, OwlCrate, is a family affair.  My kids get some of the fun stuff, and we all partake in the excitement of opening it.  If I was a really good mom I'd get a kids subscription box, but I've yet to find one I really love.  


Today, I'm reviewing my September OwlCrate box, it had a Darkness theme which included a dark fantasy ya/teen read.   I thought this box was a lot of fun, but I really do love most of my OwlCrate boxes.  All in all, I've been very happy with my first subscription box service. 

September's OwlCrate Subsciption Box.  A review of this month's YA/Young Adult/Teen Reed Fantasy box gets 4 stars in this subsription box.  Miss. Perriegrines, bath bomb, Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake, fortune teller, passport, and more. Full details on the blog. Alohamora Open a Book. www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com

Included in this box were a couple fun and unique items.  I love the Fortune Telling Bath Bomb; you take a bath and eventually you'll have a yes or no question to whatever deep conundrum you may have.  I like that the Da Bomb Bath Fizzers were created by to teenage sisters, and every one of their bath bombs has a surprise inside. What a cool concept. 


If a fortune telling bath bomb wasn't enough of a "spoil yourself" kind of night, this OwlCrate box included an amazingly smelling candle from The Melting Library. These book inspired candles are all hand poured, and the normal candle sizes found on the etsy site has the best library card covers.  They are awesome, and I spotted a couple Harry Potter candles I feel I may need to purchase.  

The book fandom fun didn't stop there with this box.  A cool Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children pouch.  My son was quick to claim that one, and though I really wanted it b/c it was so cool looking I figured this pouch was a better fit from the shiny purple pouch he was "borrowing" from his sister. 



Finally, the book.  Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake was the dark fantasy young adult literature book that came in this box.  Check back tomorrow for my full review of this first in a series book.  I also love that OwlCrate includes a letter from the author and now a book plate sticker with the author's signature.  As well, this book included an old school paper fortune teller as shown in the picture below.  It wasn't until I opened my box and started folding the paper did I remember how they were made.  Man, I made hundreds of these paper fortune tellers in my elementary school days.  



All in all, September's OwlCrate box was another winner.  

If you have any questions about OwlCrate I'm happy to answer them.  This box is something I pay about $35 for myself b/c it is something fun for me.  I like books, and I like the fun things included in the boxes.  

 Rarely as a mom do I ever do things just for me, but this is something I love doing just for me (even though my kids partake in the fun). Now, if you have a teenager, I'd say most of the boxes are geared towards girls) that is a big reader this could make a really fun gift for them.  

If you sign up through my link here we both get a little bonus. 

Happy YA literature fandom and book fun enjoyment!  

Do you do any subscription boxes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment