Happy September! I consider September to be the best month. It's my birthday month, most locations start to show the awesomeness of Fall, and the Hogwart's school year starts (technically they get on the train September 1st- just HP facts for your fellow nerds). Is there anything better than birthdays, Hogwarts, cooler temps, leaves changing colors, football, and delicious comfort food?
To start the best month off right, I figured I'd share something that speaks me... Chocolate!
Today, you get the absolute Best Chocolate Frosting that is oh so quick and easy to make. This buttercream frosting has the best texture; it isn't grainy from too much powdered sugar, and it isn't too oily from too much butter. This chocolate frosting is perfection; you need this recipe!
To be honest, I am normally anti-frosting. I am a frosting scraper off any cake or cupcake I eat. Weird I know, but the cake is what I am coming for. However, this chocolate frosting is amazing, and I happily gobble it up. If I like this frosting, you'll love it!
The Best Chocolate Frosting
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Lauren's Latest
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 1- 6 inch round double layered cake or 15 cupcakes
3/4 c. butter, softened
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 Tbsp milk
- In a medium to large bowl or a stand mixer mix the butter and the cocoa powder together until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until just combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix until it's just mixed in.
- While the mixer is on low slowly pour in the milk until the frosting reaches your desired consistency. I usually start with 2 tablespoons, scrape the sides of the bowl, and mix again before deciding to add a little more milk.
- After you reach the consistency you want mix the frosting for 1-2 minutes more until it it is smooth, light, and fluffy.
- Frost your double layer 6 inch cake or 15-18 chocolate cupcakes.
- Store leftover frosting in the refrigerator. However, buttercream frosting holds its shape better than cream based frosting, doesn't need to be refrigerated when on the cake, and it freezes well. The freezing factor is important when making ice cream filled cupcakes like the one I'm sharing with y'all next. Yummy!
Happy Easy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting making and Happy Delicious Chocolate Frosting eating!