Today, is my eldest daughters's first day of school; she is starting kindergarten. When my sister had her son starting kindergarten she made him a giant cookie for when he came home. I thought that was a fun idea, so I am borrowing it.
Cookies are fun, but isn't a cookie the size of a pizza really fun?! That's where this recipe for a Chocolate Chip M&M Pizza Cookie comes into play. Enjoy this humongous soft cookie.
Did I mention, making one big cookie saves you time? No need baking pan after pan; you just do one pan. Easy peasy!
Chocolate Chip M&M Pizza Cookie
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1- 11 inch cookie
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. chocolate chips
Optional Topping: Mini Baking M&Ms or fun candy of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium-large bowl, or a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the egg and the vanilla one at a time until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt in the order listed and mix until just combined.
- Finally add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Gather the dough into a large ball onto the center of your cookie sheet. Press the cookie into a big circle with a circumference of about 9 inches. I usually leave about an inch between the top and bottom of my cookie sheet/jelly roll pan. The cookie should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add the Mini M&Ms to the top and gently press down. Can I just say that I love that M&Ms now has milk chocolate baking chips. Yay!
- Bake the cookie at 350 for 9-13 minutes until light golden brown.
- Let the cookie cool for a few minutes before transferring the cookie to a plate or a cardboard baking circle. You can get those baking circles in the baking aisle at places like JoAnn's. When I make this for my kids we just dig in, that is half the fun. However, if I am taking this to a party or potluck I will use 2 spatulas and transfer it to a cake platter or the cardboard circle when cool.
- Store leftovers wrapped in saran wrap or an airtight container.
Happy Chocolate Chip M&M Pizza Cookie eating and happy first day of school!
Hugs to all you new school mom's like me. Go read the Kissing Hand with your little ones.