Just realized it's Slurpee day aka 7/11. Slurpees are good, and free Slurpees are great. However, these Lemon Chia Seed Baby Bundt Breads are down right delicious and so easy to make. I'd choose one of these baby bundts over a slurpee, but if I could have both... no brainer. Add the refreshing lemon glaze to the tops of these cakes and you have amazingness.
Happy quick bread baking and eating, and don't forget all of the nutritional benefits of chia seeds. I like to think this is a healthy okay healthier cake/bread b/c of the added chia seeds. In case you didn't know chia seeds have lots of fiber, protein, and it's a good source of your omega-3s. Adding them in this cake/bread make it feel and taste like a a Lemon Poppyseed bread, but you don't have to worry about any drug tests. ;)
Lemon Chia Seed Baby Bundt Bread/Cake w/ a Lemon Glaze
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Elaine aka my MIL
Active Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Time: 20-60 minutes
Servings: 6 mini bundts, 2 small bread loaves, 12 donuts
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 lemon zested, about 2 Tbsp
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 c. juice about 1 lemon juice
1/2 c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour or use a baking spray (By the way that baking spray is really expensive on Amazon, just buy it at a grocery store. I just wanted to give you a visual of what I was talking about.) on your mini bundt pan or small loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl or a stand mixer cream the butter, sugar, eggs, salt, and milk together until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and lemon zest to the mixture and stir until it is just combined.
- Add the lemon juice and chia seeds to the bowl and stir until it is just combined.
- Pour and divide the batter among the greased 6 mini bundts or the 2 loaf pans.
- Bake the bundts and loafs at 350 degrees; bake the bundts for 18-24 minutes and the loaf pans for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Bake the donuts at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan(s) from the oven. Let the bundt or donut pan cool on a trivet or a cooling rack for 10 minutes before flipping the cakes/bread out onto the cooling rack.
- While cakes/bread are cooling make the glaze by whisking the ingredients together.
- Pour the glaze over the individual bundts/donuts when serving. Pour the glaze directly over the bread in the bread loaf pans.
- Serve bread, donuts, or bundt cakes warm or cooled.
- Store leftovers in a ziploc back or airtight container in the refrigerator.
Happy Refreshing Lemon Chia Seed Baby Bundt Cake Eating!