We're so busy going to swim lessons, museums, the library, feeding ducks, and more that we don't have a lot of time for cooking dinner.
However, this Roasted Turkey Sausage and Veggies meal is the perfect busy day meal and has saved me so far this summer.
It's full of vegetables (loads of zucchini and squash if you have a garden), and it is full of flavorful turkey sausage aka fancy hot dogs according to my kids.
Really this meal is delicious and kids are big fans; parents as well are big fans of this quick and healthy dinner. It's a winner.
Roasted Turkey Sausage and Vegetables
Active Time: 10-20 minutes
Inactive Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4-6 people
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 c. onion, diced
1 lg potato (or 2 small potatoes), diced
1 c. carrots, diced
1 yellow squash, chopped
1 zucchini squash, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp olive oil
1 pkg (13-14 oz) turkey polska/Polish sausage, or pre-cooked sausage of choice, sliced
dash dried basil
dash dried rosemary
- Line a large pan with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil, garlic, and onion together over medium heat.
- Add the potato and carrots together and saute for about 5 minutes. I like to cut the other veggies while these are cooking.
- Add the squash, zucchini, and bell pepper to the pan and saute. Add the spices salt, pepper, basil, and rosemary to the vegetables and saute for another 5-7 minutes. You can add any and as much vegetables as you desire. The harder the vegetable the earlier you add it to the pan.
- When the potatoes and carrots are mostly cooked (not all the way soft) remove the vegetables from the pan and pour them into the foil lined pan.
- Add more olive oil and the sausage to the frying pan and saute the sausage over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until it is smelling delicious and slightly crispy. Add the spices to the sausage and stir to combine everything.
- Pour the sausage on the vegetables and evenly spread the sausage and veggies out on the large sheet pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook the sausage and veggies together for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- When vegetables (potatoes and carrots) are cooked remove the pan from the oven and enjoy while hot.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. This makes some delicious leftovers.