Growing up I thought meatballs were too fancy and something you only got at restaurants. I thought they were difficult or hard to make. Little did I know, meatballs can be easy. and you can have fancy meals any time you want.
These Italian Meatballs are a classic recipe everyone should have, quick and easy to make, and absolutely delicious!
The options with these meatballs is endless. You can serve them with pasta and marinara sauce, spaghetti squash, zoodles, or plain with a vegetable side dish (we did sauteed zucchini).
Recipe: Alohamora adapted Food Network Magazine
Active Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen meatballs
1- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. milk
Optional: marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or baking mat.
- In a medium to large bowl mix all of the ingredients well using a fork.
- Using your hands form a 2 inch round meatball and place on the prepared pan. Repeat until all of the meat is formed.
- Bake the meatballs at 425 for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are no longer pink and cooked all of the way through.
- Place the cooked meatballs in a large pan over low to medium heat on the stove. Top the meatballs with marinara sauce and let the sauce and meatballs simmer for 5 minutes or until you are ready to serve.
- Serve meatballs hot with pasta, spaghetti squash, zoodles, or plain with sauteed vegetables.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Happy classic Italian Meatballs eating!