Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Easy Raspberry Syrup/Sauce {Allergy Free}



Raspberry Syrup/Sauce.  Easy to make.  Simple ingredients, Relatively quick (ready in less than an hour) to make, and absolutely delicious on ice cream, waffles, pancakes, brownies, chocolate pound cake, or anything of the sort.  It's versatile and perfect.  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/ gluten free, homemade, from scratch, use up extra fruit you have on hand.

I love when fruit is on sale for cheap.  Don't we all?  I end up buying A LOT of fruit; it doesn't even matter what it is.   I've always had a problem with portion control, but if it's cheap, looks good, and a fruit I'm getting it. 

Having a bunch of fruit in the house isn't a bad thing, but if you have too much it is easy for the fruit to go bad.  That's when homemade jams, syrups, and sauces come into play.  

From a recent fruit purchase I had a TON of raspberries that were starting to go soft and squishy and not look too appealing in the fridge.  They were still good so there was no way I was throwing them away; I needed to use them.  That's when I decided to make this amazing, homemade, from scratch, Raspberry Syrup that is simple, easy, and fast to make.  Plus, it tastes absolutely delicious on anything and everything! 

We've been enjoy this syrup on French toast, pancakes, waffles, brownies, chocolate pound cake (recipe coming soon:), ice cream, and so much more.  This sweet and tart syrup naturally compliments chocolate perfectly, and tastes amazing on anything breakfast related we've come across.  My kids have been enjoying far too much of it, aka they are gobbling it up too quick and not leaving enough for me.  I guess, I will just need make some more.

This Raspberry Syrup is honestly my new favorite sauce.  I mean I love this Buttermilk Syrup, but when I want something fruity, lite, and not too sweet I definitely grab this deliciousness.

Raspberry Syrup/Sauce
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted Taste of Home
Active Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes 
Servings: 2 cups

Ingredients: 
2 c, raspberries
1 3/4 c. water
1/3 c. sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 Tbsp cold water

Directions: 

  1. In a medium pot over medium heat bring the raspberries, 1 3/4 cups of water, and sugar to a boil.  Stir every now and again.  Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. 
  2. Mash the raspberries mixture, or use an immersion blender to puree the mixture.  I poured the mixture into a small bowl/measuring bowl to puree it with my immersion blender.  If the raspberry mixture is too thick add some water; add as much as it takes to get to 2 cups of sauce.  
  3. In a small mug or ramekin mix the cornstarch and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water to form a paste.  
  4. Stir the cornstarch paste into the pureed raspberry mixture that is back in the pot.   
  5. Over medium heat bring the syrup to a boil stirring constantly.  Cook it for 1 minute. 
  6. Remove the syrup from heat and pour it into a pint jar or container of your choice.  
  7. If the syrup again is too thick you can add up to 1/3 cup of water to bring the syrup up to the lip of the jar and stir to combine it all.  
  8. Enjoy the raspberry syrup warm or cold.  When jar is cool you can cover the syrup and place it in the fridge.  
  9. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. 

Happy Raspberry Syrup drizzling, eating, and enjoying!



No comments:

Post a Comment