I figured y'all most definitely needed this BLUE drink to really ring in the holiday properly.
This Blueberry Lemonade is absolutely delicious! It's quickly made, looks fancy, and the most delicious lemonade you will ever have.
A few weeks ago, my husband and I went to the local food truck local one Friday date night. Seeing all of the food trucks in one place was fun, but the non-profit lemonade food truck that served their drinks in mason jars is what got my money. This blueberry lemonade was inspired by that food truck.
With this simple recipe you won't need to spend nearly as much money as I did to get a delicious blueberry lemonade. This lemonade recipe can be made quite cheap, and in less than 10 minutes. Though, if you make the Blueberry Lemonade ahead of time the flavors will be enhanced and taste even better the next day.
Though, you'll be lucky if it lasts that long in your fridge without be slurped down.
The minute I finished taking pictures my kids drank more than half of the quart of lemonade before we made it to the dinner table. It's that good, and it's way too easy to make.
Recipe: Alohamora adapted from Food Network Bobby Flay
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: Chill Time
Servings: 4 cups
1 1/2 c. blueberries, washed
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. lemon juice
1 1/2 c. cold water
2 Tbsp sugar (optional)
frozen blueberries (optional)
- Using an immersion blender or a blender puree the blueberries and half cup of sugar for approximately 5 minutes until it is fine and liquid like.
- In a quart jar or pitcher stir the lemon juice and cold water together.
- Add the pureed blueberry mixture to the lemon juice mixture and stir to combine everything.
- If you like sweeter lemonade add 2 more tablespoons of sugar and stir everything together. If you like tart/sour lemonade you are done.
- Place your blueberry lemonade in the fridge to chill until you are ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top your lemonade with frozen blueberries.
- Store leftover lemonade, if there is any, in the refrigerator.
Happy cold, sweet, and delicious Blueberry Lemonade drinking!