There are certain things you can make when you are baking for a party or bake sale. You have to think of easy delivery; an entire cheesecake, pie, or cake is usually out unless it is an intimate party.
Usually for a party or bake sale you either need a cookie, bar, brownie, or bite of something that can be easily handled or it needs to be in a jar or individual carrying case.
It is far too difficult let someone buy a slice of pie or cheesecake at a back sale. They either need to buy the entire cheesecake or pie or you need to make small individual cheesecakes in a jar.
Last week I told you my husbands work had a bake sale and I made these delicious Golden Oreo Truffles. These truffles are bite size and therefore great for a party or bake sale.
I had some more Oreos and cream cheese to use up so I made this Easy No-Bake Cheesecake in a Jar with Oreo Crust and Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache for the bake sale as well. According to my husband they were a big hit. However, anything with Oreos, Cheesecake, and Ganache is bound to be a big hit I would think. .
The whole cheesecake in a jar sounds complicated, but I guarantee it is easy. Plus, it looks so fancy and cute in a little jar.
Whether you want to make a fun treat for a bake sale or a New Years Eve Party, give these Cheesecakes in a Jar a go. They are delicious and their black and white appearance is so very appropriate.
Easy No-Bake Cheesecake with Oreo Crust and Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
Active Time: 45 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour
Servings: 8- 1/2 pint jars
8 half-pint jars
For the crust:
1 pkg (15 oz) peanut butter Oreos, or regular Oreos, crushed (approximately 3 cups)
1/2 c. butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
2 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. milk
1 (8oz) cool whip
For the Ganache Topping:
1/2 c. bittersweet/semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. peanut butter, creamy
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Using a food processor or a Ziploc bag crush your Oreos. You need approximately 3 cups of crushed Oreos.
- In a medium bowl stir the crushed Oreos and the melted butter together.
- Distribute about 1/4 c. cup of crust mixture to the bottom of the 8 half pint jars and press it down in the jar. You can stretch it to nine jars, but I just use the leftover crust for topping.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a stand mixer or large bowl until smooth.
- Add the salt, vanilla, and milk together one at a time mixing after each addition.
- Using a spoon or the stand mixer on low fold in the Cool Whip.
- Place approximately 1/2 cup of cheesecake filling in each jar on top of the already pressed down crust.
- In a small bowl or a 2 cup pyrex measuring dish place the chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- In a small microwaveable dish, or I use a mug, scald the heavy cream by placing it in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour scalded cream over the chocolate chips and peanut butter and stir it until the chocolate and peanut butter are melted and make a smooth ganache.
- Add the vanilla and powder sugar one at at time stirring after each addition.
- When ganache is smooth pour approximately 3 tablespoons of ganache on top of each cheesecake filling in each jar. You can also evenly distribute the ganache among the 8 half pint jars.
- Top your cheesecakes with any leftover crust crumbs, secure the lids, and place the cheesecakes in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Happy Easy No-Bake Cheesecake in a jar with an Oreo Crust and Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache eating!