I love Mint M&Ms. They are my absolute favorite M&Ms, and I'm glad (though my waist isn't) they started selling the Mint M&Ms year round.
I also love the combination of mint and chocolate; it's right up there with chocolate and peanut butter. Those two combinations are pretty much top dog in my book.
These Double Chocolate and Double Mint Cookies are delicious and fun to make and eat. The holiday Mint M&Ms make the cookies festive and perfect for a cookie exchange or a neighbor treat.
Santa would also love to have these scrumptious cookies. Your stocking would probably be filled just a little more if he had these cookies to enjoy.
Active Time: 40 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 1/2 dozen with a large scoop
1 1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla
2 eggs, large
1/2 c. and 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
3 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 pkg (10 oz) mint chocolate chips (Nestle and Hershey are my favorite)
1 c. dark/bittersweet chocolate chips
1 pkg (9 oz) Mint M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line your cookie sheets with baking pads/mats or parchment paper if you have them. You'll be fine without, but the texture of the cookies is best with them.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together for about 3-5 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the mixture one at a time mixing in between each addition.
- Add the cocoa and mix until it is light and fluffy, but don't over mix it.
- On top of the dough add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in order and mix on low until it is just combined. You may have to scrape the sides of your bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is combined well.
- Finally, add the mint and dark chocolate chips and mix on low until just combined.
- Toss in half of your Mint M&Ms and stir in or just barely mix them. You don't want to over mix the dough.
- Using a large cookie scoop, place your cookie dough balls on the prepared pans. Then place a few Mint M&Ms onto each cookie dough ball before baking.
- Bake the cookies at 325 for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are no longer shiny. They may be slightly shiny, but not completely shiny.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container like this one.
Happy Double Chocolate Mint M&M Cookie eating, and Happy Holiday baking!