The other day my 3 year old daughter had a toddler success and I told her I would make her a treat. She being a girl and very very much into anything pink and princesses requested pink cookies.
During her nap time I came up with these Pink Lemonade Cookies that are soft and chewy and the perfect amount of sweet and sour/tangy goodness. To add some rich flavor I tossed in white chocolate chips, and they were a fabulous addition.
My daughter thought these Pink Lemonade Cookies looked like pink and white polka dot cookies. She pretty much adored them.
My husband, who has a bigger sweet tooth than I do (which I honestly didn't think was possible) claimed these cookies to be the most amazing cookies ever. He loved the sweet and tangy combination. If you love the tanginess/sourness in sweets as well you could even notch up the sour/tangy level a bit.
For a little pink loving girl in your life, or for the non-chocolate sweets fan these cookies are the perfect summer treat.
Pink Lemonade Cookies w/ White Chocolate Chips
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen with a medium scoop about 1.5 Tbsp dough ball
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 egg, large
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon extract
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 pkg (10 oz) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with baking pads or parchment paper if you have them, if not it'll be fine.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer cream the butter, sugar, and pink lemonade mix until it is light and fluffy for about 3-5 minutes.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and lemon extract one at a time until just combined. If you like things extra tangy add a 1/4 tsp more of lemon extract. You could also add more lemonade mix to increase the tanginess.
- Add the flour and baking soda right on top of the dough and mix it until just combined.
- Finally, add the white chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop b/c I do love cookie scoops I will mention them, but you can use a spoon as well to create 1.5 Tbsp cookie dough balls and place them on a pan.
- Bake at 325 for 7-10 minutes until the edges are just barely showing a bit of golden coloring. My magic number was 7 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies for up to a week in an air tight containers. This is my favorite container.