A quiche is always a quick and easy dinner option, it's healthy, and by making it a Crustless Ham and Pineapple Quiche I didn't have to worry about making a crust, and saved myself some calories/carbs. Personally, I felt that was a win-win situation for my time, taste buds, and waistline.
Besides the crustless aspect of the quiche saving some calories making it a healthier dinner/breakfast option, but it also makes this a gluten free meal for the many people that want to eat gluten free affordably.
Enjoy this egg, cheese, onion, pineapple, ham goodness!
It tastes delicious hot or cold, so feel free to throw the leftovers in your lunch bag. You will love it!
Ham and Pineapple Crustless Quiche
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 c. cooked ham, finely diced
1/4 c. green onions, diced
3/4 c. crushed pineapple, well drained
3/4 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 c.- 3/4 c. heavy cream, half & half, milk, or a combination
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Dice your ham and green onions.
- Drain your pineapple well. I found a strainer and a paper towel worked the best when using canned crushed pineapple. If you don't drain your pineapple well you will have too much liquid in your quiche. No bueno.
- I would start with 1/2 cup of dairy liquid, but if you feel you need a little more liquid add a bit more. The amount of liquid really depends on what dairy you choose. The thicker (heavy cream) the dairy the more you will need. Use no more than 3/4 cup of dairy liquid.
- In a medium to large bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the seasoning with a spoon, fork, or whisk. Mix/stir the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Add the mustard, salt, and pepper to the bowl ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine the ingredients again.
- Pour the bowl mixture into the prepared pie pan
- Bake the quiche for 30-40 minutes until a knife entered in the middle comes out clean.
- Enjoy hot, warm, or cold.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.