This Lemon Poppyseed Bread is delicious. This Lemon Poppyseed Bread is easy to make for a baker or "non-baker" alike. This Lemon Poppyseed Bread gets compliments every time I serve it. This Lemon Poppyseed Bread is pretty much a winner.
Make some of this oh so delicious bread for a mom you love this weekend, send a loaf over to a new mom as a gift, or enjoy it all to yourself.
Really, you just need to make this bread and enjoy its simplicity and deliciousness. It'll disappear far faster than you can imagine.
Lemon Poppyseed Bread
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from my SIL Maria
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 45 minutes
1 pkg (16.5oz) yellow cake mix
1 box (3.4oz) lemon instant pudding
1 c. water
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. poppyseeds
4 eggs, large
1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour (or a spray with a combination of oil and flour in it) one 9.5x5.5 loaf pan, or two 8x4 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer toss all of the ingredients into the bowl in the order listed.
- Mix on low all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the well mixed batter into the large loaf pan or between the two smaller loaf pans.
- Bake the large loaf for 45-60 minutes, the small loaf pans for 30-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely, or almost completely before cutting into it.