Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Reminiscing Summer Read

For all of you high school students or for those that are a bit older :) this is a must read book.


Good Enough by Paula Yoo was a book that I quickly finished and enjoyed the light summer read. The writing style reminded me a bit of a Meg Cabot book; however, it had a plot that was entertaining and completely relatable as well. I would say that almost all have felt the same way as Patti.

Patti is a Korean American teenager that tries to be "good enough" for everyone else. She tries to make her parents happy by getting into an Ivy league school; at the same time her music tutor is encouraging her in another direction. Patti struggles with trying to make everyone else happy. She matures throughout the story and learns a lot about what makes her happy.

I have always struggled with wanting to make everyone happy with what I do. Though, I still struggle with it; I have improved, however, I am a bit older than a high school student. It has taken me a while. When I was in high school I wanted to make my parents happy, my high school and club soccer coaches happy, and make my church leaders happy. I am sure I am not the only one that struggled with this same dilemma.

Enjoy this read and reminisce about those high school days when you were still discovering what you really wanted out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment