I love a good classic recipe, but I also love a delicious twist on a classic. These S'mores Rice Krispie Treats is a scrumptious twist on a classic dessert recipe that you'll most definitely want to make. Plus there is nothing better than a simple no bake dessert.
S'mores Rice Krispie Treats
Active Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 0
Servings: 8-10 people
1/2 (16oz) pkg graham crackers, coarsely chopped/crushed (about 3 c.)
2 c. Rice Krispies
1/4 c. butter
1 (10oz) pkg mini marshmallows (5-6 c.)1 (7oz) giant Hershey chocolate bar, chopped
Optional Topping: 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter and 3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13 pan, and grease a large saran sheet.
- In a medium to large bowl mix the graham crackers and the Rice Krispies together.
- In a medium pot over low to medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until everything is melted and combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and marshmallows and stir to combine everything.
- Add the chopped chocolate bar to the mixture and stir everything together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared 9x13 dish. Using the greased saran wrap press and distribute the Rice Krispie treats equally in the greased pan/dish.
- Melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds. Stir to combine the chocolate and peanut butter and using a spoon drizzle it over the bars/treats.
- Enjoy the treats using a knife to cut squares or go savage and tear pieces. It is delicious either way.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or Ziploc bags.
Happy S'mores Rice Krispie Treats eating!