Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Avocado Salad Dressing

Avocado Salad Dressing- A healthy homemade salad dressing full of good fats and protein.  This creamy and flavoful dressing is easy to make in minutes, and can be enjoyed on a variety of salads.  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/ gluten free, nut free, diet friendly, healthy, scratch, easy, quick, fast, simple, kid friendly

I'm back from a week vacation to Disney World; we had a blast, but we all are absolutely exhausted.  I  took, alone b/c the hubs had to work :(, my 3 and 4 year old, but we did get to meet up with cousins and grandma.  

I think my favorite part of the trip was seeing the look on my kids' faces when they met the characters; they LOVED meeting all of the princesses and movie/show characters.  Grandma even got them a signature book to get filled with our character meetings; the kids loved getting the signatures.  I think I'm going to print pictures of the kiddos with the characters and add them to the signature book.  

Speaking of characters, I will say that Cinderella and Rapunzel were absolutely amazing!  I mean, they are so very real it is impressive, fun, and fabulous!  The talk and seem to live their characters.  

My 4 year old daughter loved Elsa, of course, and my 3 year old son got a kiss from Belle which resulted in quite a big smile on his face.  After that kiss he said he likes all the princesses.  I may be in trouble with that little flirt of a boy.     

Follow me on Instagram @alohamoraopenabook and/or Facebook to see more of our vacation fun, or just fun in general.

Besides Disney World I did fit in a trip to The World of Chocolate Museum for delicious taste testing of course as well as some chocolate education.  I'm the total nerd on a tour that loves to ask questions and learn as much as I can.  Maybe it's the librarian side of me coming out, or maybe it is just my plain nerdiness shining through.  Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed that visit, and we got a Groupon to make it an awesome price.    

With the Pineapple Whip Floats at Disney World and the chocolate tasting, I am in definite need of some serious salad, veggie, and lean protein eating.  

This Avocado Dressing is absolutely delicious, and tastes great with a simple salad or fancy complex (aka lots of toppings and ingredients) salad.

Basically, this salad dressing is my go to dressing this week.  It's super fast and easy to make, kid friendly, and has delicious flavor.   Plus, it's homemade and full of healthy fats.  

I used to think making your own salad dressing was silly, but seriously, homemade dressing is a million times better tasting and healthier with no crazy unknown ingredients or additives.   

Avocado Salad Dressing- A healthy homemade salad dressing full of good fats and protein.  This creamy and flavoful dressing is easy to make in minutes, and can be enjoyed on a variety of salads.  Alohamora Open a Book http://www.alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/ gluten free, nut free, diet friendly, healthy, scratch, easy, quick, fast, simple, kid friendly

Avocado Salad Dressing
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Food Network
Active Time: 8-10 minutes
Inactive Time: Chill time
Servings: 1 cup. 

Ingredients:

1/2 ripe avocado, peeled
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 c. mayonnaise (any kind, but I like the one with Olive Oil)
1/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne (or a dash for less spice)
1 Tbsp milk (up to a tablespoon more if you don't like it as thick)

Directions: 
  1. Using a blender or immersion blender, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.  
  2. Spoon into a 8oz mason jar, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
  3. Enjoy on top of any salad, or as a dip for vegetables.  I like to use a spoon to pour/place on my salad.     
  4. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.

Happy Healthy and Delicious Creamy Avocado Dressing eating! 


Check back tomorrow for a delicious Nacho Fajita Salad that I cannot get enough of.  I've been gobbling up this salad for the past month, and it is about time I share the recipe with you.   


No comments:

Post a Comment