I have a 2 and 3 year old.
Before Children (BC) my husband and I would go camping a handful of times a year. There is something really fun about getting no sleep, sitting by a campfire, cooking meals over the fire, eating s'mores, and all around enjoying the stars and the outdoors.
We haven't been camping since BC.
Last Friday night, we decided it was time for a camping trial for the kiddos and ourselves.
We set up the tent in the backyard, and enjoyed these banging Cookies and Cream S'mores Cookie Bars.
The smores cookie bars were a million times better than the quality of sleep we got that night.
The kiddos actually did better than expected, and they keep begging to go camping again. Which I am sure we will do soon.
However, I can't wait for our next backyard campout to make these Cookies and Cream S'mores Cookie Bars. They are far too amazing!
My husband refers to these cookie bars as evil geniuses aka he pretty much thinks they are absolutely delicious hence the genius aspect, but they are evil b/c he wants to eat all of them. They are absolutely the very best cookie bars ever!
The flavors are far too delicious and absolutely perfect together to even compare them to normal joe shmoe cookie bars. The cookie bars layer is so soft and amazing, the graham crackers give you a little crunch, the cookies and cream candy bar is slightly melted, and the marshmallows are toasted just perfectly for some tasty ooey gooey goodness.
They are yummy! Make these bad boys for your next backyard camp out, barbecue, potluck, or just to enjoy. Just make them! You will love them!
You can even make these s'mores cookie bars ahead of time; I personally think the flavors are even better the second day.
Cookies and Cream S'mores Cookie Bars
Recipe: Alohamora slightly adapted from Deals to Meals Blog
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8-10 servings
For the Cookie Bars:
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 egg, large
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 c. flour
2 graham crackers crushed (about 1/4-1/3 c.)
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1 King sized Hersheys Cookies and Cream candy bar, chopped
3/4 c. mini-marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray or grease a 9x9 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl or a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla one at a time mixing well between each one.
- Add the salt, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Finally, add the graham cracker crumbs (these are finer crumbs than you'll use for the topping) and the flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- For the topping, crush 2 graham crackers with your hands. This will give you some finer crumbs as well as some larger chunks. Spread the graham crackers across the entire pan.
- Next, evenly distribute the chocolate chips and then the chopped cookies and cream candy bar on top.
- Finally, evenly top it all with mini-marshmallows.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes until the edges are barely golden brown. You do not want to over bake these delicious bars.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container.
- This recipes doubles well for a 9x13 pan.
Happy ooey gooey absolutely delicious cookies and cream s'mores cookie bars eating!